Wednesday, May 6, 2009

New York Craziness

Before heading off to NYC for 4 days, I had the idea in my mind that I would update my blog(s) everyday to recap each day, and obviously that did not happen. It was quite the hectic weekend. I almost felt like I could no longer keep up with the pace of NYC. Has Dominica softened me up and slowed me down too much? Gosh, I hope not. My feet were killing me after Day 1 of NYC, even with the super comfy pair of flats I've been wearing most days since semester 2 started. What's even worse is that I felt like I had issues staying up past 1am. Yes, I am in medical school, and I RARELY ever stay up past midnight. Anyways, here's a bulletpoint recap of Day 1 - Thursday:

- got to Gabe's apt around 11am
- started our snacktime with pork belly buns and cookies at Momofuku Bakery & Milk Bar
- walked over to Baoguette Cafe for a classic bahn mi
- did our usual SoHo window-shopping - mine and Gabe's typical Saturday or Sunday afternoon, but this time a Thursday :)
- scoped out Topshop - thought it was a bit expensive for what it was, but overall, good style
- randomly ran into Ayu (one of my good medical school friends) on Broadway and Broome
- got stopped on Elizabeth St. btwn Prince and Houston by whom I assume was a photographer. She thought my red Marc by Marc Jacobs bag was cute and asked to take pictures of it. Should have asked what blog/website she was shooting for. If you see me somewhere on the web, let me know. I've always secretly wanted to be stopped and photographed for streetstyle photo purposes, and it finally happened after my long hiatus from NY haha.
- dinner with some people at Yakitori - crispy kawa and hotate bacon didn't hit the spot as much as it usually does, darnit.
- had planned on a drink date with Gabe at Death&Co, but ended up at a sports bar to catch the long end to the Bulls vs. Celtics Game 6
- Game 6 was RIDICULOUS RIDICULOUS RIDICULOUS
- Gabe and I were on cloud 9 all the way home on the M15 after the Bulls win during 3OT

Great 1st day in NYC. More to come...

No comments: