Saturday, May 9, 2009

Doing Nothing in Miami

I'm spending the night in Miami because I couldn't schedule a flight that gets to Dominica in one day. Is it crazy for me to say that I like this airport hotel and wouldn't even mind staying here an extra day if I had to? The pillows are amazing, and the flatscreen tv is huge! Miami is huge, but it would have been cool to go into at least the nice part of it. Not really worth it though, plus I'm waiting for my friend, who's sharing this room with me, to arrive. My sister is actually in Miami now doing Habitat for Humanity, but it'd be too much of a hassle for us to meet up, considering neither of us know Miami at all.

I'll enjoy a nice bed tonight, but after I wake up, I know I'll just want to be back in my Dominica apt so I can unpack and get settled back in again. As crazy as this sounds, I'm actually kind of excited to start 2nd year. I know it's going to be a lot harder, but it'll at least be more interesting. Hopefully, that alone will motivate me more to study well and get better grades. I did better 2nd semester than I did in 1st, so I'm hoping I can continue this upward trend.

I've been slowly but surely updating my food blog, so keep checking back for more and more updates. I still have to continue recapping my awesome visit to NYC last week. It's already overdue, but I'll still do it anyways.

Until then, wish me safe travels back to the rock!

No comments: