Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Springtime Brunch

Gabe and I were thinking about having brunch somewhere the Sunday I'm in NYC, but honestly, brunch is such a scene in Manhattan that it's hard to find a good place without having to deal with a 1+ hour wait. I came across this recipe, and it sounds delicious! Scrambled eggs with ramps, morels, and asparagus. Spring-time is the best time for foodies and chefs because it's when all the glorious veggies come out. Since ramps are so fleeting, I feel quite lucky that I'll be home during it's very short peak. Maybe I can even find some in my backyard in Lake Forest! Word. Anyways, nothing sounds better than scrambled eggs with the best springtime vegetables, so I think Gabe and I might try that out instead of dealing with brunch dining in Manhattan.

Speaking of brunch, I think eggs, bacon, and toast are in store for dinner tonight. A treat to myself for getting A's on all three of my lab practicals!

No comments: