Friday, April 3, 2009

Almost home free


Exactly 3 more weeks until I touch down in Chi-town. Approaching O'Hare over the Chicago skyline, especially at night, is always really exciting for me. Especially coming home from Dominica. It's like, wow high-rise buildings!


And now, just a little under 4 weeks until I land in NYC! It's hard to believe that by the time I arrive, it will have been 10 months since I was in NYC and saw all of my friends (except for Gabe and Vadicel, who have both visited me in Chicago after I moved out of NY). I still think about NYC everyday and get very nostalgic about the life I lived back then. I get especially homesick when I have to miss social events that are happening there. This weekend is PCN, Marco's bday, Derick's bday, and the girls are having brunch on Sunday. Instead of going to those things, I'm here, and I will likely be spending the whole weekend in the anatomy lab or looking at my Rohen's colored atlas studying the GI system, abdominal and pelvic cavities, and reproductive organs. The last thing I want to do before I sleep is look at different cuts of the penis. Actually, you'd be surprised at how important the external genitalia are. Anyways, that's besides the point.

I just have to stay really focused on these upcoming practicals, Shelf exams, and Mini 3, and HOPEFULLY I'll be finished with M1 forever!

1 comment:

Alfa said...

Hey Tricia! :) Don't get too melancholy - at least you get to go to school in the warmth of the Caribbean! Plenty of us wish we were in your shoes... :)