Saturday, April 25, 2009

Home Sweet Home

I am finally home in Chicago after endless brutal exams and a long and adventurous trip back home. I have traveled a lot in my lifetime and am used to annoying airport experiences. All I have to say is that Miami's international airport is the worst. If you can avoid it, don't fly through there when you're coming from another country and have a connecting flight with a layover of any less than 2 hours. Again, I've experienced worse, but I just really don't like the airport in Miami.

So the last two weeks were pretty horrible in terms of all these exams, but nothing was more stressful than this past week. It reminded me of 1st semester of junior year at NYU when I had a final every single day for a whole week, and I just got really depressed at the end of it all, thinking that I bombed every single one. This time, I'm finally feeling a bit relaxed aside from the fact that Mini 3 was an awful experience and I can only hope to God I passed 2nd semester. Failure is the harsh reality of med school. You honestly can't go through the journey of becoming a doctor without realizing that failure is possible. It sounds cynical, but it's the truth.

Even though I've only been home for a few days (since last Fri night), I've already had the joy of enjoying good food. So with that said, please stay tuned to updates on my food blog!

No comments: