Saturday, December 20, 2008

I'm home!

I'm finally home after a long first semester of medical school. You have no idea how good it feels to go home. When we landed in Puerto Rico, a few of my friends and I had dinner at Wendy's, and that may have been the most satisfying meal I had in 3 and a half months. The night I got home, my dad cooked steak too which was awesome.

I honestly don't really know how the final went for me. It may have been one of the roughest exams I've ever taken, and even though I was doing alright grades-wise going into the final, I've been pretty paranoid that the final may have KILLED me. I can only hope and pray to God that I passed first semester. Until grades come out, I'm just going to try to forget about the horror that was my first semester final and just try to relax and enjoy myself.

Being home is definitely great though. I'm sleeping in a nice big bed with multiple pillows and a comforter. I've taken nice showers with strong water pressure. I've eaten beef. I went shopping for the first time in 3 and a half months. I went to Costco. Seriously, everything is so big in America! I'm so looking forward to Christmas and seeing all of my relatives again. Equally so, I'm looking forward to seeing Gabe for the first time since the end of June. We'll be spending New Year's together here in Chicago. No matter what happens with my grades and whether or not I passed first semester, I know it's gonna be a good break.

No comments: