Tuesday, July 28, 2009

New Home


Congrats to my parents for signing the papers on a new condo in downtown Chicago! The bought a convertible 1br on the 62nd floor of the Aqua Tower, which has already become a historic landmark even though the building isn't finished yet. Chicago has always been known for having fascinating, and oftentimes daring, architecture, and this is a fact that seems to fly under the radar unless you're an architecture-aficionado or you've actually been to Chicago and paid attention to the varying architectural styles. If you have any plans of going to Chicago, then I HIGHLY recommend going on the Architectural River Tour. It's relaxing, you learn a lot, and you get tons of great photo ops. Anyways, not only is this building very modern and striking, but it's also the tallest building in the world that was designed by a woman.


The amenities at this place are insane. It makes me feel like I'm going to be like royalty once I move there. Really nice gym, indoor pool, outdoor pool, cabanas where you can hook up your own tv by the pool, terraces/park, outdoor grills, theater to play your own dvd's, game room, free shuttle to certain places, washer/dryer in every unit, and heated underground tunnels to the Water Tower Place, and not sure where else. I still can't believe the ridiculously low price my parents got this for. YAY for buyer's market and property being so far less than NYC. It's also across from Millennium Park, and we have a view of the lake, which really looks like the ocean. Just saying. I'm 100% certain that the price of the condos in this building are almost 3 TIMES LESS than an average apartment of the same size in NYC...with no amenities, no view, and no special location.

Anyways, I admit I felt like I had to write this disclaimer on the place because I know that once people see pictures on Facebook and my blog, they're gonna be all, "Wtf, who has this kind of money." It's not like that in Chicago. Property is so affordable there, and you get a lot for what you pay for. Well, that's how it is nowadays since it's a buyer's market. No one is buying.

Alright, that is all.

1 comment:

cheryl said...

congrats! so your parents are moving out of the burbs and into the big city?