Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Batibou Beach


On Saturday, I joined the Korean Students Association's field trip to Batibou Beach. I think there were only 3 Korean students there, with the rest of the crew consisting of other random people, including myself. Batibou Beach is on the north side of the island, halfway between our campus and the airport. Unfortunately, I got very carsick on the way there. So carsick that my legs were shaking as I was getting off the bus. It was rather unpleasant, but I recovered during the 20 minute hike down to the actual beach. Yeah, this beach is so isolated that we have to hike down, and you don't actually see it until you get down there. It's pretty cool.


This is one of the few beaches on the island that has actual sand as opposed to rocks/pebbles/shells. Not only that, but it's also a rather large beach with lots of open space. AND we were the only ones there, which made it even nicer. Actually, there was a random white naked guy reading almost in the bushes, but he wasn't situated that close to us.

One interesting thing of note is that scene(s) from Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest were filmed right on that beach. I still have yet to watch all three movies. I really should since they were filmed here. Anyways, I'm really glad I took the morning off to enjoy a real beach in Dominica. It was beautiful, and I'm not sure how often I'll get an entire beach to myself for free!

No comments: