Monday, January 12, 2009

Currently skipping class

I'm skipping my first 2 hours of neuro right now. Not good considering I'm the girl who ALWAYS goes to class and refuses to Mediasite. But I am exhausted. Thanks to snow on the east coast and midwest, there were tons of delayed flights. I missed my connecting flight from Miami to San Juan Saturday night, but thankfully there was one seat left on the 6.55am flight to San Juan the next morning. This was key. If I couldn't get on that flight, then I probably wouldn't even be in Dominica yet. However, I had to spend the night at the Miami airport. It didn't seem worth it to spend at least $100 when I had to be at the airport at 5am the next morning anyways. Ugh, never spending the night at the airport again. It was so uncomfortable and FREEZING at that airport. I essentially pulled an all nighter, as I could not fall asleep at all.

Thankfully, I still made it to Dominica, but it's been a rough start. An hour after I got back to my apt, the electricity went out and the generator did not come on until an hour later. The Internet barely worked in spite of the newly installed fiber optics. So I took a 2 hour nap. Woke up with a headache. Went back to sleep. Woke up at 7am. Still had a headache. Went to the kitchen and found a million ants in the sink because I forgot to wash my plate last night. And now I'm not in class because my headache is killing me...but I can't sleep because I already just slept for 11 hours. UGH. I just wanna be back home already.

Hopefully, I'll make it to my 11am class...

No comments: